Sonja Skopp joins Sladen Consulting

Sonja Skopp, Merck Healthcare KGaA Head of Operations in Oncology Research, has joined UK-based boutique consultancy Sladen Consulting as Strategy and Operations Director.

Sonja is a passionate, creative thinker with a strong business mind and more than 15 years corporate leadership experience. She is an analytical chemist by training, holding a PhD from the University of Basel. She has held various roles at Merck with increasing responsibility.

Prior to moving into Oncology Research, she was heading a group for the analytical development of investigational drugs and leading the Chemistry, Manufacturing and Controls activities for one of Merck’s Global Health programmes within a multi-partner consortium until 2017.  
Sonja says: “My current role at Merck has been as a key contributor to the Oncology Research department in terms of portfolio management, strategy, finance and communications. I have also led key people and change management initiatives in R&D and across various functions.”
Over the past three years she has worked alongside Sladen from the client side at Merck during selected strategy development projects while facilitating programmes around people, behaviour and culture.
At Sladen, Sonja will have a diverse role. She will develop Sladen’s strategy, direct operations and have a client-facing position. She will also facilitate the Sladen associates around the world in delivering global programmes for clients in major industries including the pharmaceutical, finance, and food and drink.
Sonja says: “Seeing Sladen’s global team in full flight, delivering key programmes to my Merck colleagues globally, has inspired my passion to help people and teams thrive and drive change. Seeing the positive business results of their work gave me the courage to make this leap.
 

Merck is supporting my move to Sladen. I am also retaining a role at Merck, as I will be able to develop my skills in this area and bring fresh ideas back to benefit that company too.

Sonja Skopp

Sladen Consulting founder, Richard Colley, says: “This is a bold move by Sonja and it reflects a new way of shaping one’s career: sharing the best practice of one business across another; not being in a single job but expressing your energies and skills in various roles.  She will still be working for a major global corporation as well as for our boutique consultancy.  We are thrilled that Sonja has joined Sladen and we know she will contribute hugely to our growth.
“This important move is supported and assisted by Merck Healthcare R&D.”
Sonja will dedicate 80% of her working time to Sladen while remaining a 20% employee of Merck where she will continue to have managerial input into the Oncology Research department.

Privacy Settings
We use cookies to enhance your experience while using our website. If you are using our Services via a browser you can restrict, block or remove cookies through your web browser settings. We also use content and scripts from third parties that may use tracking technologies. You can selectively provide your consent below to allow such third party embeds. For complete information about the cookies we use, data we collect and how we process them, please check our Privacy Policy
Youtube
Consent to display content from Youtube
Vimeo
Consent to display content from Vimeo
Google Maps
Consent to display content from Google